Monday, April 14, 2014

Revisiting Miss M's Birth.

Lately I've been thinking about March. This March my little girl turned 3. It seems like just yesterday I was listening to her heartbeat at the doctors office. Feeling her squirm around in my belly in the middle of the night. Feels like we just met. Yesterday. All that thinking made me realize that I haven't finished up Miss M's birth story. Reading through it, I felt like it wasn't quite right. It needed to be written again. Exactly how I remember it. Exactly how I want it to be remembered

It's funny thinking back, I kept wanting to meet my sweet little girl, but I also had a to-do list that wasn't quite finished yet. It was July 2nd, I finished picking up around the house, double checked the bags that had been packed for a little over 2 weeks. The last thing that needed to be done: clean and install the infant carrier in my car. So I went to work. I was the seat cover, hung it to dry. installed the base, and double checked that my car was nice and neat. And just like that, my list was complete. 

I crawled into bed that night knowing I was completely prepared. Hoping she would join our family the next day. It would be perfect. My sweet husband would have the 4th off, and could take the Friday off and the weekend would be ours. It would be perfect. I shut my eyes knowing that Monday would come and still no baby, and we would make our way to the hospital where I would be induced and we'd have our sweet girl with us on Tuesday. 

As usual, I woke around 3:45 am for a quick bathroom trip, it had become a routine. It seemed to take a while to fall back asleep, the minutes clicked by on the clock. 4:30, somewhere in the last 45 minutes I had fallen asleep only to be woken up by a pop. That's right a pop. My water broke. I wasn't quite positive so I decided to wait and make sure. Well sure enough, there was no stepping without knowing for sure it had broken. A quick shower, and a 6 am phone call to my mom and we were on our way to the hospital. 

At 8 am I was started on Pitocin and still measured at 3cm and 60%.  At 8:28, a 4 & 65%, that's when my doctor felt the need to break my water more and to move her head. At this point there was no epidural, I was still hardly feeling contractions. After he moved her head, boy did things change. I was told the nurse would be back in shortly with the epidural. Well an hour passed and I couldn't take it anymore. Still no nurse. I sent the hubs out to find someone. At 9:30 my epidural was in and I was starting to feel more relaxed.

By 10 I was at a 5 and and 10:50 I was 8. They called my doctor, after 3 pushes, Miss M joined our family, 6 pounds 6 ounces and 20 inches of absolute perfection. Loud perfection. That sweet girl has some lungs on her! 

I couldn't wait for her sister to come and meet her. She didn't seem interested. Was still taking it in and was having such a fun time at Grandma's house that it was until the morning of the 5th that I was released and we ventured to pick up our not so little anymore toddler. 

That afternoon we climbed into bed as a family of 4. A girl on each side of me. Absolute perfection.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...